Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dinner with Dolly




Today, (Thursday July 24, 08) I was having dinner in San Antonio amid the fears of Hurricane Dolly, or rather 'Tropical Storm Dolly', though at this point she hasn't deserved the title in any direction. She was a fizzle, hydroplaning a few cars with wet roads, and scaring some of the people as they drove to work with me in the telemarketting firm I work at in Northeast San Antonio.


So after seeing my fears of becoming a cubicle zombie arise and grasp my throat like a steely-gripped undead from the grave, I shivered and smiled, and then went with my class, thinking carefully about my decision. I have no choices as there is no money coming into my pockets, and I'm scared. Just scared of being lonely, bored or in a rut I may never escape. But I am here and that's what matters, period. No more crying or wringing of my fingers to the Heavens. It is what it is - nothing more nothing less.



But ... I could have dinner at least. And I had a nice dinner, including a beer. I smiled, wrote a letter to one of my friends, and listened to the song "Encadenados" by Luis Miguel from his 'Romances' album. In the beginning is a sweeping romantic violin opening that makes the heart flutter and the song touches you like the two lovers longing for each other in the depths of Hell, Dante's vision of obsession and ultimate sacrifice as they leave behind God & love for their own pleasures.

But like I mentioned, the opening & melody is very pretty.


I had a beer, some hot food, relaxed with this & a little more music, and went home to write this blog entry.



It was a nice evening.

A little company would have made it dessert in my heart.

Blessings,






Julian


***********







Encadenados lyrics

Tal vez seria mejor que no volvieras
quizas fuera mejor que me olvidaras
Volver es empezar a atormentarnos
a querernos para odiarnos
sin principio ni final
Nos hemos hecho tanto, tanto dano
que amor entre nosotros, es martirio
jamas quiso llegar el desengano
ni el olvidio, ni el delirio
seguiremos siempre igual
Carino como el nuestro es un castigo
que se lleva en el alma hasta la muerte
mi suerte necesita de tu suerte
y tu me necesitas mucho mas
Por eso no habra nunca despedida
ni paz alguna habra de consolarnos
El paso del dolor, ha de encontrarnos
de rodillas en la vida
frente a frente... y nada mas

http://www.elyrics.net/read/l/luis-miguel-lyrics/encadenados-lyrics.html

And if you want to know what these amazing lyrics mean ...

http://www.love-that-luis.com/lyrics-romncs/encadena.htm

No comments: