Saturday, May 24, 2008

Faking Sincerity - Hating Society





Seether Lyrics - Miscellaneous

"Fake It"


Whose to know if your soul will fade at all
The one you sold to fool the world
You lost your self-esteem along the way
Good god, you're coming up with reasons
Good god, you're dragging it out

Good god, it's the changing of the seasons
I feel so raped, so follow me down

Fake it if your out of direction
Fake it if you don't belong
Fake it if you feel like infection
Whoa, your such a fucking hypocrite

You should know that the lies won't hide your flaws
No sense in hiding all of yours
You gave up on your dreams along the way
Good god, you're coming up with reasons
Good god, you're dragging it out
Good god, it's the changing of the seasons
I feel so raped, so follow me down and just...

Fake it if your out of direction




I was in the car today when this came on the radio, and somehow the lyrics touched me in a profound way. I know they seem kinda disturbing but they're honest and open and raw. And I feel the same way - like a ripped nerve in a abcessed tooth.

Ever seen "Marathon Man"?


I was approached by some dickhead asking about my dog, and possibly trying to start some shit with me. I rarely fear the dark, but there are things lurking about so I work towards a symbosis - live & let live philosophy. I don't care what they do so long as they stay the
FUCK away from me. Period! When he approached I circled around to see if the
manager was home, so she could record this in case they came back. I kept wondering
if I could break his nose with my Maglite.
It's not a good human way to think about things but I can't ignore it.
And I can't be afraid.
Adios for now.
~J~

No comments: