Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bad Chileans

Having lunch with some of the teachers at one of the schools I work at, one of them mentioned, "Did you hear the girlfriend went to visit that miner?"  Now to me that wasn't a big deal, until the words, "Yeah, but the wife's no prize either.  She won't visit him as he ascends.  Said she 'needs to maintain her dignity'."


So I looked on-line with the words Chilean, miner, mistress, girlfriend, wife, rescue and sure enough found the name: Yonni (Jonny) Barrios, a 50 year old miner who, with the others, was trapped underground for 2 months +/- and were recently rescued by a gathered effort of engineers from around the world.


Then I learned there was more than one person with a little love interest going round & round.  


And if you look at the video you're gonna see a very hesitant man kissing the woman he secretly loves/lust for and has caused great ... what's the word? Humiliation? Chaos? Sadness? Anger? Laughter?

As the teachers began telling their tales of woe, and what they'd do with celebrity cheaters like Jesse James or Brad Pitt, Tori Spelling or anyone else causing destruction, I kept wondering, "Why not leave?"

Sometimes, it's the money. Sometimes the promise of anew life. Sometimes it's fear, which is a great motivator. It could be the same reason someone got married in the first place, and now feels obligated or stuck.


I've been here, both ways, and I don't know what to think. Part of me wishes Yonni get the path he wants either with the wife or the mistress, and part of me wants to see if there's gonna be a car-chase or crime of passion.

I don't know where to take this blog tonight, or maybe it's too late & I need some rest before my work day tomorrow. 
All I can say is "Good luck Yonni .. and whomever else is cheating.  
Choose carefully."

For more info try here

Try here too

Here's a timeline with his picture

Yahoo's images from mine here

Last one kissing the g/f

2 comments:

Soccermom said...

I totally get it. I've been there myself.
Homelife awesome. Sex life not so much. Got it else where.
But with this kind of life style there is always stress.
Thnks for the comment :)

AFare24Get said...

Thanks for the reply & your comments/insight. They are appreciated.