Friday, July 16, 2010

Insulting William Gibson

So I was on Yahoo last night & found this link about a comparison site (below) called "I Write Like", meaning it would compare something you've written (no Tweets people) and you could see what author you're most like.



This I took one of my stories called "Bed, Bath & Way Beyond", and clipped a paragraph with some action in it, and cut & pasted it into space on the website.

Original story here: Bed, Bath & Way Beyond



After setting it into the site, (see above) I waited, it ran its' many formulas and mysterious what-not's, and said, "You write like William Gibson".

So who's William Gibson? Well, he's the original writer of "Johnny Mnemonic", as a book, and coined the phrase cyberpunk in his writings.




I loved the movie, but haven't read the book and I enjoyed the compliment. I don't know if it was a back-handed compliment or not but it was kinda cool to see that.

I wish it had been more of a Ernest Hemingway or William Burroughs, but at least it wasn't Nicholas Sparks.

Of course, someone could write in their blog, "I'm glad noone's compared me to Julian Gomez. God what a fuckin' hack!!"

~lol~

Okay, enough chuckles.

There's my badge below.

I write like
William Gibson

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


Go out & get one of your own.

Blessings & Love,




Julian

Original Yahoo story here

I Write Like website here

2 comments:

Drenchxoxo said...

This was a great link!

AFare24Get said...

Actually I'm gonna broaden this idea with details so be ready for more.


~j~