Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School

http://extend.schoolwires.com/clipartgallery/images/32865640.gif


Today begins the first day of school in many parts of Texas (and elsewhere for that matter) and I am waiting patiently by my phone, cleaning house, making sure all my ducks are lined up.

I need to make chicken salad for my sandwiches, my coffee needs to be ready any time before leaving, and I need my briefcase fixed with nothing pornographic or obscene. Not that I would ever subject my students to something lurid or vulgar, but I mean no comic books with any type of violence, sensuality, or obscene words.



Even though they see them, and (in some cases) are worse than I am they don't need to see me like that. I'm there to educate, not fuck them.

Please don't ever think otherwise everyone.

I may be evil but even I draw certain lines.

Should I be lucky enough I'll be teaching middle or high school, working until I am free of Texas and my constraints socially and emotionally here. There's a lot of people that always seem to know me or watch me, and I feel as if I've been under the gun forever.

Be a success. Procreate. Pay bills. Get a house.

Why can't it be as a writer?

That's what I chase, and will chase until the end of days.

I have to have hope.

I have to have dreams. Or my teachers taught me nothing.

And that can't be my lot in life.

Too many people hope my dreams will come true.

I want the same for my students - that's why success is so very important.

Gotta keep trying.

Gotta keep moving.

Gotta at least have ONE dream come true.

Blessings,




Julian

No comments: