Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Little Music Tonight

Ennio Morricone always played to the heart of the macho man; like the old addage says, "Let music soothe the savage beast" and his music always takes us somewhere. The music was so incredibly powerful that it moved through the Old West, the Depression and the ancient times of the exploration of the new world. I always like his music as a way of thinking, of feeling and making my pleasure sources widen with my imagination.

I spoke with a friend of mine, and she told me that I was unique in that I still pursued my dreams even 20+ years after high school. She told me that it was a good thing that I am not following the pragmatic route that all my friends have taken so far in life.

Gone are the dreams of being judges on the Supreme Court, musicans in a rock band, cartoonist for DC or Marvel comics, actresses opposite of Harrison Ford or on tour with AC/DC and just enjoying life.

All their dreams are dead - mine are not. All they have are their mortgages, student loans, complaints, bald spot, divorces, and families. I live in scorn of my own family now, watched carefully for signs of homosexuality and more disappointment.

At this point the only good thing I am doing is graduating college in May 2009. And then it's on to a career, and another wife, and a few affairs, or something similar, and another bout of sadness and despair and suicide attempts.

But, I must traverse, even if it's all for nothing in this life. Maybe like Van Gogh or Henry Darger my genius will be seen as a part of my madness during my living stage and celebrated in my death.

Wait ... that sounds wrong.

Oh well ... que sera sera.

Enjoy the music.



Julian



*****



*****



*****



*****



*****



The finale from "Once Upon A Time in the West" - very cool ending scene

******



The final gunfight from "For A Few Dollars More" - the chimes on the pocket watch would be something I'd love to have for myself.

*****



This is "Ecstacy of Gold" from "The Good, the Bad & the Ugly", in which Eli Wallach's character of Tuco finds the resting place
of the hidden gold played live in concert.

*****



Deborah's theme from "Once Upon a Time in America", the song played when one of the guys saw the character of Jennifer Connelly, always relating that something beautiful can
still be tarnished like all dreams.

No comments: