Today is a day of errands and chaos. I promised a teacher friend of mine that I'd help his class after-hours, which means being a nice guy and working at home. I'm also gonna hand out some flyers, check out the paint store, price metal and hopefully drum up some new business for this weekend.
As I have my coffee and eggs, letting my dogs have their rawhide chips, I think to myself, 'Who has AMC on their TV's so I can see 'The Walking Dead' Halloween night?'
Then I scroll my blog. And of course, my favorites, seeing what other writers have created.
To my surprise this was there, and it's amazing; it is a real shot in the heart that we could all use from time to time. http://thedrenchedone.blogspot.com/2010/09/just-for-julian-afare24get.html
If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get. ~Frank A. Clark
Writing has to be personally satisfying, even when expressing or venting your feelings. You need the catharsis, thefreedom to feel and spill all that's inside you. Sometimes it's venomous, sometimes it's flowers and sunshine.
Whenyou're happy you've gotta shout it out.
When you're sad you whisper, but you still express it.
I've been on my blogs for a lot of years now, and I've taken myself from chatting at Literotica to writing. I look for some people to enchant and enhance my mind and soul with their writing.
Unfortunately, they are few and far between.
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. ~ William Arthur Ward
I am very lucky that I have a certain audience, even unseen, and for that I must say 'Thank you' and 'I love you'.
I tell my physical family I love them when I see them here in town. Why shouldn't I say the same thing to the people here on-line?
Maybe I do need to count like Jimmy Stewart the blessings around me, not the shortcomings and failures.
And maybe, as odd as this could sound, I need to spend more time away from the internet.
My studio time is limited, and without exposure, I don't think my hopes will grow the wings I want to see so they can soar as high as possible.
Thank you Kirsti, and thank you to so many others who boost my morale and help me read my tea leave showing my dreams to my tired eyes.
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Let's make some magic.
Ciao.
Julian
Quotes found here - http://www.quotegarden.com/gratitude.html
2 comments:
awww shucks now you've got me all choked up (smiles)
Okay, let's all wipe the tears & get back to writing, painting & loving. Thanks again.
Post a Comment