It's 8:31 a.m. Easter Sunday and right now all over the country (and possibly the world) there are children celebrating the arrival of chocolate bunnies, candies and colored eggs and accepting small yellow chicks as presents to celebrate the day.
But honestly, what are we, or should we be, celebrating? In accordance to the Christian ideology we're celebrating the day Christ the Lord came from his tomb, conquering death, and showing those who believe there is life after death. Not resurrection in a corporeal form, but in a truly spiritual sense. It's supposed to mean we're able to receive a reward for our love and service to God in heaven, given by the Son, to those who choose to be good, to follow the rules and care for their fellow man and serve others as Christ served us humbly.
That being said, I don't think Jesus would have freaked out seeing the following t-shirt, which was recently banned at an Ohio high-school by an openly-gay Junior student. The student had to be told to wear his shirt inside-out, and that's usually the idea when a t-shirt is openly vulgar but there are some things you can allow to slide a little bit.
Eventually, he had to sue for his right to expression. It wasn't for shock-value or to be a trouble maker, but he was making a statement about his individuality and hoping people would accept him without question, like Jesus would have or like Christians profess to love everyone. I would have thought this would have gone right by considering the kids listen to LMFAO and wear "Sexy and I Know It" t-shirts plastered to their bodies.
I don't want to know my 13 year old is sexy and she knows it. That's none of my business. I don't think it's my concern to tell someone they're wrong for being a homosexual. I don't care. That's their lives, not mine. I don't tell anyone beyond this blog or a few other connecting sites, that I am known as Master, Daddy or lover ... that's my business. His message isn't even professing to be openly homosexual ... it's just showing us a loving Christ who accepts the sinner/sin/person at face value.
Matthew 21:31
“Which of the two did what his father wanted?” “The first,” they answered. Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.
“Which of the two did what his father wanted?” “The first,” they answered. Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.
The boy has to come to terms with what Christ ask us, his message of love, and care, and be Christian as well as loving.
I hope for the best in his future. If we're so damned intolerant I pray for ours' as a society.

No comments:
Post a Comment