Talk to Me
Dear
Readers,
I, the perverted author, am genuinely
interested in what you’re thinking when you read my story. Is it fodder for your desires, something
unfulfilled that you’re dying to see happen or a wish of something that never
was, or are you just enjoying the prose I gave my heart and soul to in my
stories? Do they make you smile, moan,
gasp or just lose control?
In one weekend, very recently, I went
into a great number of downloads, meaning someone’s finding, sharing, storing
or doing something with my stories. That
had a great deal of appeal for me, meaning there could be a future in my
writing. Hopefully I am not deluding
myself.
The next step for me is going into
self-publication, meaning I’ll be offering my stories on-line through someone
like Amazon, SmashMouth or Lulu’s websites for purchase. Yes, there still will be stories here and at
Literotica but I’d also like to pay back some of my student loans, and if
you’ve read my personal blog you’ll see minimum wage doesn’t pay the tax or the
cookie man. I have a few novels in mind,
but I’d like to know a little something about you, my reader, if you’d be so
kind.
Nothing here is going to anyone: not a
publisher, not to a website, nor into a permanent archive, and certainly not
the FBI or whomever is trying to monitor all our reading preferences. I am asking because I am trying to make a
service work. And that service is
being a fair, competent author. I don’t
want someone’s suggestion (such as a publisher or certain company) to bite me
on the ass and then I am hearing from fans/friends after the fact, “if you’d done this we’d like your work more.”
You can cut & paste this
survey with an X, in each blank
space for an answer to my questions. If
you have any specifics or suggestions, you can add them on to the bottom after
the survey and I’ll read them. Every one
of you who reads & makes an effort to answer this survey will get a little
something (hopefully) in your e-mail from me directly. Don’t send any attachments please; I’m not
sending you Viruses so don’t send me any with this survey.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
afare24get
When
done CUT & PASTE this into an e-mail & send it to the following
address: a_fare_2_4get@hotmail.com
Are
you male ___ or female ___?
Age
group: 18-24 ____ 25-34 ____ 35-45 ____ 45-56 ____ 57+ ____
Do
you seek out certain writers weekly? Yes
___ No ____
Do
you take suggestions from … ? The
Publishers____ The websites ____ Word of Mouth ____
Do
you offer suggestions on … ? Blogs ____ Forums _____ Personal Sites ____
Message Boards ____
Do
you have a certain number of authors you follow at all times (Favorites)? Yes ____ No ____
If
so how many? 1- 4 _____ 5-10 ____ 11-15
____ 16-21 ____ 21 or more ____
Am
I one of your favorites? Yes ___ No ____
Do
you ever connect with your author’s? Yes
____ No ___
If
so, how? Direct E-mail ____ Comments to
Story ____ Message Boards _____ At story sites with other fans ____
Do
you like/want your favorite author connecting with you in return? Yes ____ No ____
Do
you like downloading erotica/porn for your personal use/collection? _____
Do
you have a collection of erotica for your personal reading library? Yes ____ No ____
What
size? Small _____ (few select/choice
authors) Medium ____ (few collections) Large _____ (Assorted/MANY)
Would
you pay for erotica from your favorite author?
Yes ___ No ____
If
so, how much? 99¢ _____ $1.99 ____ $2.99
_____ $3.99 _____ $5.99 _____ More ____ More in print _____
What would the
price depend on in paying for erotic novels/downloads?
Check all that
apply:
Author ____ Price ____ Cover Art ____ Art inside the novel ____ Suggestions
from other readers ____
Publisher/website
suggestions ____ Reputation ____ Free Previews ____ Length of novel ____
Reviews by other readers ____
Do
you like leaving reviews, either favorable or unfavorable? Yes ____ No ____
If
you had the chance, would you steal a copy of the erotic novel? Yes ___ No ____
If
you could afford a novel, but still had
the chance to steal it, would you?
Yes ____ No _____
Do
you have any suggestions to this author?
If so, what suggestions would you offer me? Is there
anything you’d like written about that hasn’t been done before, either for free
or for general consumption?
No comments:
Post a Comment