Sunday, November 14, 2010

Early Morning Madness

I'm gonna be off nights gang/dear readers, for a bit. I've been asked to challenge & educate a few classes of primates (meaning 6th graders) who've chased off every substitute teacher in the last week. They've made no progress, had no grades and been destroying the classroom of an injured teacher.

Sadly, his return is a mystery, and I am a controlling SOB and a good teacher, but lacking my certification. (Those attempts were mentioned in my previous blogs this summer & last fall 2009)



I will be teaching 6th grade in an inner-city school, famed for it's gang problems and broken families. I may be teaching in 2 (two) languages, so there could be a LOT of chaos coming my way this week. In the morning I'll stop at Wal-Mart for a few packs of pens, some notebook paper and folders. Since I'll be there either a week, a month or the rest of the school year, I gotta be ready for anything ... even if it means turning the reins over to a 'certified teacher'.

Right now I gotta make those kids successful.

And I've gotta get to bed, get some rest, and think about my lesson plan and what I need to make my days happen.

There is one thing I know I'll be carrying in my pocket when I go, just like when I was student teaching:



It was a special item then, it's still special now.

Good night everyone.

More later.

Promise.

p.s. "If you want to see the coolest Alphabet ABC's, then follow this link here!

3 comments:

Drenchxoxo said...

I'm excited to hear all about day 1 and have no doubt you will handle the primates just fine.

Glad you liked the ABC's too (wink)

xoxo

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Best of luck. They are in good hands. Can't wiat to hear about it. xo

AFare24Get said...

Okay, I am working on my homework lessons for this class. And I'll be telling y'all about the madness I am continuing to perpetrate with these mighty-mites. ~lol!~