Thursday, November 11, 2010

When They Came ...

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

As of today (Nov. 11, 2010 - Thursday morning, 1:40 a.m.) I have 8 (eight) readers of this blog.  But if I publish my next blog, I fear I could lose some readers.

I've never written for children; this is a NOT a PG-13 blog with just enough honesty to be hip & happenin', something kewl, something to slap into your Twitter or Facebook account to link the world through me.

I am not a conduit.  I am an electrical storm.  I am a blast of thunder and a flash of lightning.  I don't write to do anything but purge the demons from my soul, and I read things that make me smile, be they political, emotional, social, sexual, honest or lies upon lies.

So tonight, after 5pm, I should have all my thoughts and ideas ready to present.

Here's where I took this quote, and I hope it keeps me and this blog going further into myself, expressing outward, and going strong.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Martin_Niem%C3%B6ller

5 comments:

Drenchxoxo said...

You're not losing me, that I promise you.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I am so glad you posted this quote. I've been thinking about it in reference to a former work situation. I couldn't remember the words or the source. So, thank you! Don't quit! We all had 8 readers at one point (except those with less than 8 readers at the moment). It just takes time and persistence. xo

AFare24Get said...

It;s 830 pm Texas time. I'm going to be posting the blog I started last night after a little more research into the facts.

Thank you for all the support.

Drenchxoxo said...

Waits eagerly.

AFare24Get said...

It took a few more hours but it's been posted. Had to cross the i's & dot the t's before I posted it & the slide show.