Monday, February 15, 2010

Goodbye other job



I never met a celebrity, but I have nothing bad to say about my job.



I'm making more substitute teaching, and several people are offering to sponsor my new attempt at a teaching certificate. I'm driving 80 minutes round-trip to work 3 hours, and I can't take a half day or full day job as a substitute when I have to go in at noon or 1pm or 9am till 2pm.

That's just messed up.
My aunt thinks they're just trying to get rid of me without telling me to fuck off and die. Maybe so ... all I can do is my best & smile when I tell my boss I am leaving at the end of my shift this week.

Teaching won't make me any happier than retail but it will be more profitable, and I'll be in a steady spot with a simple line of days & ideas. I don't have to play "Guess the Problem" or "Do you speak Spanish, darkie?" - with the customers from Mexico.



You're to speak well of your employer until you're no longer there out of loyalty and respect. Once you leave you risk your own efforts.

Bye store. If I need a new job I'll be watching the supermarket chain locally for a cart-boy's job. Maybe ...

Thank you.






~ j ~

No comments: