Friday, February 11, 2011

Wild Turkey blogging

It's a little before 6pm and I am having a little Wild Turkey bourbon over ice (sacrelige, I know!) before feeding my dogs and grabbing some take-out.

I have been taken over the barrel, doing more grades and trying to tie all loose ends for the disappearing teacher. Personally I'm amazed he's not fired since Texas is not a union state, but maybe it comes down to his age or his sickness/disabilites.

Far as I know he's gonna keep drawing $3700 - $4200 per month, and maybe 65% of that if/when he retires. I am pulling in $950 a month, maybe $1100 if I can work ALL four weeks and all that ends in May.

So what can I do?

Have another sip & keep ducking my student loans just a little longer.

~lol!~

Stomach grumbling, and I know the dogs are hungry so I'm logging off. Thanks for the comments on my poem.

Sorry Valentine's Day was a bust.

Love you all.


~ j ~

Addendum:

Thank you all for your comments.  Don't worry, my pups only had to wait a few minutes, I promise.  As soon as I come home they go do (ahem!) their 'business' to alleviate their bladders first.  And of course, to stretch their legs and bark at strays or squirrels or whatever's about; then they get to eat.  Usually that takes 10 minutes so I call them back from barking-time and they eat, then I cook something for myself and eat too.

3 comments:

Master Vyle said...

Slow down. It's still a couple of days till Valentine's Day...LOL. Not sure if it's art but I like it afare.

-Master Vyle

Drenchxoxo said...

Don't count Valentine's Day a bust just yet! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Umm... my sister calls me the dog's advocate. So, I'll say here: Next time, Feed dogs first, THEN Wild Turkey bourbon over ice, and take-out. ;-)

Keep ducking the student loans. LOL!

Valentine's Day isn't a bust. That's Monday. Ya never what could happen over the weekend.

~ Sweets (the optimist) ;-)