Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Back to Being Busy

Well, as I was working on designs and thinking about what is to come next I suddenly found myself inundated with assignments. In fact, I went back to the school of Hottentots I worked with last year before the Christmas holidays.


So it's 6th grade again, 5 days a week, 7:15am to 3:00pm, and this includes grading papers, watching for anything else, meeting with parents, and I won't make more than I did last year, which (according to my W-2) was a total of $8400 and some change. I may do a little better this year, and I may make some cash under-the-table, trying to do some commissioned art, as my own desires don't make money ... yet.

I am going to be posting a few things on the next blog so you can see something wonderful, fanciful or warm and expressive.
I posted the above song for a dear friend of mine who needs to take in the fact that she is a jewel, not to be possessed, but to adorn the heart of someone deserving of her amazingness.

If you don't see much I haven't disappeared, I am just busy.  I do promise this won't keep me from being a better writer or artist, just a busier one.

Take care & much love,



~ j ~

2 comments:

Drenchxoxo said...

All seems to be going in the right direction. I'm glad.

SlowBurn said...

We'll miss you while you are gone, but look forward to seeing you when you come back.Sounds like you're a busy, busy bee. Teaching is like that! Good luck with the art work.

P.S. I love the song!