Sunday, July 28, 2013

Evil Odd Dreaming







Evil dream

I had a dream about her.  She showed up in jeans, a tight t-shirt and her hair loose, exactly the way I left her years ago.  She didn't smile or react to me moving about shirtless in my folks old house on West Avenue, which was a crappy house to grow up in but still, filled with love.  I wish I had been the kind of man my father was instead of the dreamer I am, thus living so marginally.  I'm 46, alone, without kids and in debt.  I think I should be rich now, calm, thinking and helping instead of fretting and wondering.  She stayed watching me move about, talking to my brother, sorting school supplies and getting ready for the (I assume) next day.

Then I grabbed a T-shirt which didn't fit and forced it over my torso and past my gut.  She looked at me and hugged me tight; I hugged her tight too pressing her gorgeous body to mine squeezing her as close as possible.  I looked over her shoulder at my reflection and everything seemed to fade quickly.

Next I found myself in a two story building teaching CCD classes to my former students.  In the room was a guy I went to junior high who has the same last name as me but his name ended with an S.  I was moving between the classroom & the office, though the place did remind me a mall more than anything with big windows everywhere.  The ceilings were high and I smiled, looking on a table at a row of portraits of mothers & daughters.

I saw a high school crush with her daughter in an old photo knowing the daughter was older now.  I picked it up taking it with me.

Very strange.