Monday, June 22, 2009

A Madonna Original - Part 2



Now some of you may wonder what I am writing about in particular. I am writing because I am unsure why is it that people, moreso musicians, need to redo and add-on additional musics and noise into the backgrounds or overlay the scritcha-scritch sounds atop the wonderful and joyous music.



Madonna's "What It Feels Like For A Girl" is a good example. If you read the lyrics it makes the lives girls lead a dysfunction and contradiction, and yet, it praises them for their bravery versus the men who can't imagine being girls. The softness of the lullaby and gentle overtones express a certain level of feminiity without it being sarcastic or argumentative, making Madonna contradict herself.

(And for the record: I Love Madonna the singer, not Madonna the actress.)



With the feminism of today, women can handle almost any job a man can handle but for some reason, men can't handle the things women do. I'd love seeing a God-made man giving birth (and don't reason me into that 'person' ... the changeling who kept her ovaries but added a gender extension. THAT'S not a man!!), or accept life on the lower end of the scale.



Depending on the job, some women have complained that they make close to 20% (or more) LESS than their male counterparts. I've seen female tow-truck drivers, police officers, CEO's, CFO's, managers, and many other jobs where they deserve all they earn, period.



I am thus, writing this tribute to Madonna, with love, not admonishment. I am writing this telling you all the song was (and IS) amazing in it's original form.

And I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Blessings,





Julian

No comments: